Whether you are a tourist or a local in Dubai, renting a car can be essential. If you want to travel a long distance or plan a day out with family or friends, renting a car in Dubai can be very handy. The lush life of Dubai requires one to enjoy it to the fullest. There can be two conditions, either you need to rent a car for travel, or you specifically want to rent a luxury car to get a new experience, for example, rent Ferrari in Dubai, Lamborghini, Audi, or any other lavish vehicle. Dubai is famous for its luxurious and extravagant lifestyle, so it’s no surprise one would want to get a taste of it.
Basic Requirements to Rent a Car in Dubai
There are some basic requirements that everyone needs to know and follow before renting a car in Dubai.
- The person should be at least 21+ to be able to rent a car in Dubai
- The person must have a credit card because most Dubai car rental companies only accept credit cards. Any extra charges or fines are covered through the same credit card.
- Travel insurance is one of the necessities. The law in Dubai requires car rental companies to use third-party services. These insurance packages differ in many ways, some cover rental charges, and some provide additional services. Some rental companies also offer insurance options, but that can be very expensive if you have not planned already. On the spot, insurance can land a significant blow on your budget.
- Another key point to consider is where you would be driving the car. Most rental companies don’t allow their customers to take the vehicle outside the country. If you plan to do so, you need to consider the right rental company before renting a car. If the rental company allows you to take the vehicle outside the country premises, you would need to do additional paperwork according to the company’s requirements.
Additional Requirements For Tourists
First of all, a tourist must have the following documents with them.
- Original passport
- Original Visit Visa
- IDP (explained further)
- Original Driving Licence that they use in their own country.
Not everyone needs to have an IDP (International Driving Permit). For example, passport holders from GCC countries, i.e., the UK, United States, and Canada, don’t need to have an IDP; the driving license from their home country is acceptable in Dubai. In contrast, passport holders from other nations need to have their IDP prepared in advance.
Driving Rules in Dubai
Most importantly, one needs to be familiar with Dubai’s driving rules,
- Be prepared to drive on the right side in Dubai.
- Kilometer metric system is followed not miles.
- There’sThere’s a minimum speed limit as well.
- Road safety is essential; speed cameras are everywhere and can cause a fine.
- Drinking and Driving are not allowed in Dubai. Zero amount of alcohol consumption is allowed for the drivers.
Now you know all the requirements and rules to rent a car in Dubai. This is the ideal place to enjoy the ride of luxurious cars at pocket-friendly prices. It’s time to rent a car and travel with ease inside or outside of Dubai