Dubai is becoming the central place for tourism as the country brings new developments. With unique buildings and amazing architecture, the Duba attracts thousands of tourists each year. It also encourages people to invest in a business in Dubai. If you plan to visit Dubai for a short time, you’d need a Dubai tourist visa to enjoy a trip to the country. Here’s everything you need to know about the Dubai visit visa.
What is A Tourist Visa?
If you want to pay a short visit to Dubai as a tourist you’d need a tourist visa in Dubai. With the tourist Dubai visa, an individual can visit Dubai for a limited time and enjoy the beauty that the country has to offer. This visa is non-renewable, so if the person stays longer than the time specified, he/she must pay the extra monetary penalty for each day.
This visa is for those individuals who aren’t eligible for a visa-free entry or visa on arrival to the UAE. The visit visa in Dubai is available for eligible individual tourists from all over the world. Females who are aged below 18 aren’t eligible to apply for this visa except if they travel with their parents. As per July 2018’s cabinet resolution, children aged below 18 who want to accompany their parents on the trip may get a free visa from 15 July to 15 September every year.
The Difference in Tourist, Sponsor & Work Visa
Different types of visas are for visiting Dubai for different purposes.
- The tourist UAE Visa is for those individuals who aren’t eligible for a visa-free or visa on arrival entry to the UAE. This visa is for tourists who want to visit Dubai for a limited period. It can be obtained by eligible people from all over the world.
- The Dubai work visa, on the other hand, is a work permit that allows foreign nationals to work in Dubai for a certain period. Within this period of the Dubai business visa, the person is required to apply for and get employment. He/she must also get a residency visa in this time frame.
- Employees in Dubai who have a valid UAE residence visa have the opportunity to get a sponsored Dubai visa for their families. If employees have a minimum salary of 4000 AED, or above 3000 AED, they can sponsor their families with this visa.
Multiple Entry Tourist Visa for Dubai
The multiple-entry tourist visa is a new visa that is now available for all nationalities. This visa has been developed to facilitate visitors and tourists. This is a five-year visit visa that tourists can use to enter the country several times on self-sponsorship. This visa allows tourists to stay in the country for 90 days on every visit and the Dubai visit visa extension covers 90 additional days.
Based on the plan you choose for the Dubai tourist visa to the UAE, the visa may be valid for either a duration of 30 or 90 days, multiple, or single entry. Recently, UAE brought forward a five-year visa that lets tourists enter the country several times based on self-sponsorship. Tourists can stay in for 90 days on every visit to the country, and this can further be extended for 90 more days.
How to Apply?
If you want to visit Dubai, you need to apply for a Dubai Tourist Visa. The methods are described below.
1. Apply Online
The first way to apply for a Dubai tourist visa is through the online platform. Follow these steps.
- First, go to the online website for booking your Dubai visa.
- Select the type of visa you want to apply for.
- Read all the terms and conditions.
- In the Dubai tourist visa requirements section upload all the documents required for getting the visa. Fill out the form with the required details.
- Once the documents are uploaded, you will be asked to make the payment with your credit/debit card.
- You will receive an email for confirmation of your payment.
The online application for Visa is allowed for nationals and residents of countries from all over the world.
2. Apply Through UAE
Another way to apply for a Dubai visit visa is through a relative or family member in the UAE. If you have a family member or close relative who lives in the UAE, they can apply to get a visa on your behalf through any UAE ticketing office. This facility is only available for those who have family members or close relatives living in the UAE.
3. Apply for Guest
You can also apply for a Dubai tourist visa from any licensed travel agency where you get your travel ticket. Some travel agencies may be collaborating with the UAE local tour operator and giving your tour packages. Moreover, you can also apply for guests with a hotel or airline that you will be traveling with.
Guidelines for Specific Countries
- People traveling from Guinea, Ghana, Uganda, and Rwanda need to present a negative, valid covid PCR test certificate along with the QR test code conducted within 48 hours of departure from an approved facility. They also need to present a valid negative real or rapid PCR test result certificate with the QR code that had been performed within 06 hours of their departure. On arrival, they will undergo a covid-19 PCR test.
- Those coming for the UK need to have a negative covid-19 PCR test certificate and QR code that had been taken at least 48 hours before the departure. The certificate needs to have the location of the test mentioned. No other covid-19 test certificates are accepted.
- Those coming from Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Sudan, or Sri Lanka need to have the covid-19 RT-PCR test report with the QR code. It must be presented for checking at DHA on arrival.
Countries Banned from Visa List
Several countries are banned from visiting the UAE because of the new Covid-19 variant concern. This list includes Namibia, South Africa, Lesotho, Eswatini, Zimbabwe, Botswana, the Republic of Congo, Mozambique, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, and Tanzania.
Covid Requirements for Dubai Tourist Visa
- Tourists traveling to Dubai need to show a negative Covid-19 PCR test conducted no more than 48 hours before arrival.
- Those traveling to Dubai will be tested on arrival.
- If the test is positive, you will have to self-isolate in a hospital, government facility, or hotel for at least 10 days.
- All people visiting Dubai need to comply with the health measures given by the authorities.
Cost of Dubai Tourist Visa
Residents of the UAE can sponsor a tourist visa for their relatives or family members. To do that, they need to have a monthly salary of 4000 AED to 5000 AED. To sponsor relatives you need a monthly salary of AED 6000 or AED 7000. And for sponsoring friends you need to have a minimum 10,000 AED monthly salary.
You may need to pay a deposit fee, but this will be refundable. Based on the agency you choose, you may have to pay up to AED 2000. The following are the Dubai tourist visa fees.
Short-Term Visit – 30 Days
- Single entry – 370 AED
- Multiple entries – 650 AED
Long-Term Visit – 90 Days
- Single entry – 700 AED
- Multiple entries – 1750 AED
How To Renew or Extend Visa?
You can renew or extend all types of tourist and visit visas. These can be extended for 30 days. You can extend or renew your Dubai visit visa in the following ways.
1. With The GDRFA App
- First login to the GDRFA app
- Visit the dashboard and open the details of the dependent visa.
- Then go to the button of “renew residence”.
- Fill in the details and choose the delivery method.
- Attach the documents, submit free and wait for the confirmation SMS/email.
2. With the Federal Authority for Citizenship and Identity
To renew with this method, follow the steps below.
- Visit the federal authority for identity and citizenship online portal
- Then enter all your credentials and add the attachments.
- Then submit the extension fee, 600 AED.
Benefits of Getting Dubai Tourist or Visitor Visa
The Dubai tourist visa offers multiple benefits that are enlisted below.
- People can visit Dubai to enjoy the beauty and serenity of the country
- The multiple-visit tourist visa is great for those people who have to visit the country regularly.
- The process of getting the visa is straightforward.
- You can even apply for a visa through a simple online platform.
- The tourist visa duration of 90 days is enough for people to enjoy the beauty that the country offers.
1. Can a Dubai tourist visa enter Abu Dhabi?
Yes, you can enter Abu Dhabi with a Dubai visit visa.
2. Is a tourist visa and visitor visa the same?
No, the two aren’t the same. The tourist visa can be used for leisure and tourism purposes only, but the visit visa may be used for purposes of business. With the tourist visa, you are permitted to be in the country for 14 to 30 days. It can be extended for 40 days. The visit visa allows you to be in the country for 90 days.
3. Can I convert a tourist visa into a work visa?
Yes, you can convert the B2/B1 tourist visa into a work visa.
4. How many maximum days can I stay on a Tourist visa?
The tourist visa is usually valid for 90 days, so you can stay for 90 days with this visa. But if you’ve to travel, again and again, you should get a multiple entry visa.
5. Can I start a business on a Tourist visa?
No limit is set for starting a business on a tourist visa, so you can work with any company and open bank accounts. The B-1 business visitor visa is most suitable for this.
6. Can a tourist buy property in Dubai?
Yes, you are permitted to buy property in Dubai with a tourist visa. Foreign ownership is allowed in areas that are freehold.
7. How much bank funds or statements are required for a Dubai tourist visa?
To get the tourist visa, your bank statement should be stamped by the bank originally and have an AED 3000 balance at the least.
8. How much passport validity is required for a Dubai Visa?
To apply for a Dubai visa, your passports should be valid for 6 months at least from the date of your UAE entry.